The biggest threat facing today’s business owners and managers is not how they can get new customers and improve sales, but rather how they can find, develop, and keep qualified employees to do the vital work that keeps them in business. The kinds of jobs you rely on to keep the wheels of your business moving. They’re also the kinds of jobs where employee turnover is rampant. Employers need to find and retain competent employees, but those employees are hard to find—hard to train—and even harder to keep.
In this high-stakes hiring environment, employee engagement expert Eric Chester has gone behind the curtain to interview thousands of owners, managers, and leaders of companies, organizations, and franchises of all sizes to shine the light on best practices for attracting, developing — and yes, even retaining — amazing employees at all levels, often for jobs that aren’t considered sexy by today’s standards.
Discover how savvy employers have made bold moves, implemented guerrilla-recruiting tactics, and transformed the way the hiring and retention game is played. Eric’s presentation will delight, surprise, and get you thinking—and the strategies and methodologies he illustrates will inspire you to change the way you recruit, hire, and lead your employees so you, too, can proudly say you’re FULLY STAFFED.
Take-Aways: Leaders, managers, and supervisors walk away with actionable ideas for building an invincible army of entrepreneurs who take pride and ownership in their work. Participants will discover secrets and proven strategies including:
- Why good employees are so much harder to find.
- Why you must stop fishing for employees…and start hunting.
- How to be the best place to work in your community.
- Creating, developing, and reinforcing the “7 pillars of an On Fire workplace culture” i.e., Compensation, Alignment, Atmosphere, Growth, Acknowledgment, Autonomy, and Communication to improve productivity and ignite performance.
- How to get your top-performing employees recruiting for you.
- Methods for recruiting from high schools, colleges, trade schools, ex-military, retirees, etc.
- Approaches to stabilize application flow even when compensation is less than what is offered elsewhere.
- How to determine ‘better fits’ to ensure those workers that are hired are safe bets for long-term employment.
- Incorporating onboarding tactics guaranteed to slash costly turnover.
Eric Chester is an acclaimed in-the-trenches workforce researcher and thought leader who’s been studying, analyzing, speaking and writing about attracting, managing, motivating and retaining top talent since 2001.
He is frequently mentioned or quoted in the national and international media such as Good Morning America, ABC 20/20, Fox News, NPR, and CNBC and in publications like Forbes, USA Today, and the Huffington Post.
He is a bestselling author of 5 published leadership books, several of which have become national bestsellers. Eric Chester has delivered more than 3000 paid keynote speeches on three continents. He is a Certified Speaking Professional and was inducted into the National Speakers Association’s acclaimed Hall of Fame in 2004.
Eric lives in Golden, CO with his wife and family.
Eric’s Published Books:
Employing Generation Why: Understanding, Managing, and Motivating Your New Workforce (2001 TuckerHouse Press)
Getting Them to Give a Damn: Getting Your Front Line to Care About Your Bottom Line (Kaplan, 2005)
Reviving Work Ethic: A Leader’s Guide to Ending Entitlement and Restoring Pride in the Emerging Workforce (Greenleaf, 2012)
On Fire at Work: How Great Companies Ignite Passion in Their People without Burning Them Out (SoundWisdom 2015)
Fully Staffed: The Definitive Guide To Finding and Keeping Great Employees in the Worst Labor Market Ever (SoundWisdom 2020)
Eric has keynoted more than 3000 Conferences for national and international companies, including: McDonald’s, Verizon, Allstate, NADA, Two Men & A Truck, 7-Eleven, and Great Clips.